Looking for something?

Friday, September 9, 2011

Twilight Sparkle Nails

I've had long nails for all my life, but I've never really painted them. I read a lot about how to paint them and watched instructional videos, but I never bothered to make complicated designs.

So since all my knowledge comes from reading, why not start with Twilight Sparkle?

(Sorry for the bad lighting--I'm still learning how to use a camera!) You'll need the following colors:
Light purple (I used Milani 06 Violet Dash)
Dark purple (NYC 250 Midnight Amethyst)
Pink (NYC 238 MoMa)
Clear top coat (Sally Hansen)


This is what it should look like:
Except a little neater. I'm still learning. (and you know what I said up there about long nails? I just cut them. feels weird, actually.)

Really, all this takes is a steady hand and patience. Do one color at a time and try to make the lines as straight as possible. I did try using scotch tape to tape off sections, but it pulled off the color as well.

Cover everything with the topcoat because the seams between colors will be uneven, and that would lead to chopping. Nopony wants that.
It did take me around an hour and a half to do these nails, but I'm proud of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment